This free medical transcription course post explains 8 important medical terms that are used on a daily basis when processing live transcription files as a daily job.
1. Deglutition: The process of swallowing food materials is known as deglutition.
2. Dysphagia: An abnormal condition of difficulty of swallowing of food stuffs by a person.
3. Nasal Regurgitation: Back flow of food material from the stomach to the nose.
4. Bolus: Food mixed with salivary juice while chewing food.
5. Chyme: Partially digested food material inside the mouth is called chyme.
6. Achalasia Cardia: Inability of lower esophageal sphincter to relax.
7. Orifice: Opening.
8. Pneumonitis: Inflammation of the walls of the air sacs or alveoli in the lungs.
In the next post, we will study about important 20 gastrointestinal medical terms. To go to the prior post CLICK here.