Now in this post we will learn about some prefixes and phobias.
1. a-, an- means no or not - apathy means absence of emotion.
2. cata- means down - catatonic stupor which means a type of schizophrenia in which the patient has a decrease in activity and reactivity to the environment.
3. hypo- means deficient or less than - hypomania means less activity.
4. hypo- means deficient or less than - hypochondriasis means abnormal cartilage of always feeling.
5. para- means abnormal - paranoia means delusion of persecution of mind.
1. Air - Aerophobia
2. Animals - Zoophobia
3. Bees - Apiphobia or melissophobia
4. Blood or Bleeding - Hematophobia, Hemophobia
5. Books - Bibliophobia
6. Cats - Ailurophobia
7. Corpses - Necrophobia
8. Crossing a Bridge - Gephyrophobia
9. Darkness - Nyctophobia, scotophobia
10. Death - Thanatophobia
11. Dogs - Cynophobia
12. Drugs - Pharmacophobia
13. Eating - Phagophobia
14. Enclosed places - Claustrophobia
15. Hair - Trichophobia, trichopathophobia
16. Heights - Acrophobia
17. Insects - Entomophobia
18. Light - Photophobia
19. Marriage - Gamophobia
20. Men - Androphobia
21. Needles - Belonephobia
22. Sexual Intercourse - Coitophobia, cypridophobia
23. Sleep - Hypnophobia
24. Snakes - Ophidiophobia
25. Spiders - Arachnophobia
26. Traveling - Hodophobia
27. Vomiting - Emetophobia
28. Women - Gynephobia
29. Worms - Helminthophobia
Next post is about psychiatric abbreviations. Okay.
To go to the next lesson please click the link below
To go to the prior lesson please click the link below