1. Amphetamines:- To treat depression the central nervous system stimulants may be used.
2. Behavior therapy:- To relieve anxiety and improve symptoms of illness that is changing or conditioning behavior patterns by training and repetition.
3. Electroconvulsive therapy:- In the treatment of depression the electric current is used to produce convulsions.
4. Family therapy:- To resolve and understand conflicts the treatment of an entire family can be done.
5. Free association:- The patient verbalizes without censorship the passing contents of his or her mind is a psychoanalytic technique.
6. Group therapy:- The similar problems gain insight into their personalities through discussion and interaction together of group of patients.
7. Hypnosis:- To increase the pace of psychotherapy trance is used or the state of altered consciousness is held.
8. Lithium:- The manic stage of manic-depressive illness of a substance is used.
9. Neuroleptic drug:- Any drug that favorably modifies psychotic symptoms. Examples are phenothiazines.
10. Phenothiazines:- The tranquilizers used to treat psychoses.
11. Playtherapy:- The treatment in which a child, through use of toys and playroom setting, expresses conflicts and feelings unable to be communicated in a direct manner.
12. Psychoanalysis:- The inner emotions and conflicts which explored by the patient to understand and change current behavior for the treatment.
13. Psychodrama:- Group therapy in which a patient expresses feelings by acting out roles with other patients.
14. Sedatives:- Drugs that lessen axiety.
15. Transference:- The psychoanalytic process which the patient relates to the therapist as he or she had to a prominent childhood figure.
16. Tricyclic antidepressants:- The drugs which are used to treat severe depression three-ringed fused structure.
In the next post we will try to learn some of the Combining forms, Suffixes and Prefixes and Terminlogy.
To go to the prior post please click the link below