Some of these gastrointestinal system words and definitions are used in Medical Transcription field. In all medical transcription documents, these words are used in all parts especially in the physical examination part.
1. Hypercardia - Hypertrophy (enlargement) of the heart.
2. Hyperventillation - Excessive breathing.
3. Mastication - Chewing.
4. Pulse oxymetry - A device to deduct the oxygen in the human.
4. BAG - Blood Arterial Gas Analysis.
5. Salivary amylase - the enzyme that digests carbohydrates in the human gastrointestinal system.
6. Mastication - Chewing of food.
7. Buccal Mucosa - Inner layer of mouth.
8. Lingual - related to tongue.
9. Hypoxemia - Reduced oxygen in blood.
10. Sialorrhea - excessive formation of saliva (hypersalivation)
11. Oral cavity - Space inside the mouth.
12. Digestive tract - It consists of mouth, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, and anus.
13. Small intestine - It consists of duodenum, jejunum, ileum, colon.
14. Colon - It consists of ascending colon, descending colon, transverse colon, rectum, and anus.
15. Wharton's duct - Submandibular duct (the duct present below the mandible).
In the next post, we will see important words used in Pulmonary System. Okay.