Today we will see about important suffixes and prefixes that are used in medical transcription field commonly on a daily basis. Every transcriptionist must memorize these words with its meanings. Next two posts will follow this topic. I am going to add more videos hereafter for each topic. Many new changes will happen soon in our blog. We need your support as usual. Now we will see important suffixes and prefixes used in medical transcription one by one now.
1. -tomy means cutting or incision
2. -graphy means process of writing or recording
3. -oligo means scany or deficient
4. -logy means study of
5. super- means above or excessive
6. -uria means pertaining to urine
7. inter- means between
8. -pathy means disease
9. post- means after
10. -plasia means development or growth
11. -algia means painful condition
12. -osis means an abnormal condition
13. -rrhea means discharge
14. meno- means pertaining to menses
15. crypto- means hidden or concealed
16. myco- means fungal
17. mono- means one or single
18. poly- means many or more than one
19. hema- means pertaining to blood
20. intra- means within
This post ends here. We will see the rest of the important suffixes and prefixes used in medical transcription in the next post. Okay. Come on.
To know more about this topic, please see this video
To go to the prior lesson, please visit the following link.