I.Q.Tests:- 1. The I.Q. tests like the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS), and the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scale are the test used for patient's mental health and intelligence by the Clinical psychologists.
2. To reveal personality structure the I.Q. tests like Rorschach technique and Thematic Appreciation Test (TAT) are used for patient.
3. To draw certain picture, geometric designs or a body the tests like Bender-Gestalt Test and Draw a Person Test are used for the patients. These tests are useful in detecting deficiencies in movement or coordination due to brain damage.
4. The test which is widely used for sense of duty or responsibility, ability to relate others and dominance and an objective measure of psychological disorders in adolescents and adults.
The responses made by a patient whenever they are questioned are compared with diagnoses of schizophrenia, depression and so on.
Now let us come to know about Psychiatric symptoms
The following are the terms used to describe the abnormalities in behaviour and help you to understand about Psychiatric disorders.
1. Amnesia:- It deals with loss of memory.
2. Anxiety:- This deals with apprehension, uneasiness or dread often accompanied by palpitations, tightness in the chest, choking sensations and breathlessness.
3. Apathy:- In this emotions not present, it also deals with lack of interest or emotional involvement.
4. Autism:- More lack of responsiveness to others, preoccupation with deep thoughts; withdrawal and retarded language development.
5. Compulsion:- It deals with uncontrollable urge to perform the action repeatedly.
In the next post we would learn about the remaining psychiatric symptoms
To go to the next post please click the link below
To go to the prior lesson click the link below