In this post we would go through some more examples.
1. The visitor insisted on seeing Sachin who was a boarder.
2. This boy is good at dancing towards music.
3. That short girl over there is very fond of laughing.
4. The headmistresses has no objection to complaining your behavior again.
5. Aren't you interested in listening stories?
6, I felt bored after coming out of the theatre.
7. A meter is an instrument for taking electrical measurements.
8. The police charged the person who was arrested with rioting.
9. You can't touch your toes without bending your toes.
10. My younger sister is used to sleeping late night on Sundays.
Note:- Most of the gerunds especially when used as the subject or the object can be replaced by infinitives.Some of the examples are given below.
1. Richita doesn't like lying.
A. Richita doesn't like to lie.
2. Don't all of us love playing?
A. Don't all of us love to laugh?
3. Seeing is believing.
A. To see is to believe.
4. Forgiving is one of Jesus Christ's commands.
A. To forgive is one of Jesus Christ's commands.
5. Refusing invitations is not a good habit.
A. To refuse invitations is not a good habit.
6. I am going to see my mother today.
A. I am going for seeing my mother.
7. Luis is fast to catch his train.
A. Luis is fast at catching his train.
8. The teacher had been advising the children not to fight with anyone.
A. The teacher had been advising the children against fighting with anyone.
9. Lala was quick to see the point.
A. Lala was quick at seeing the point.
10. Are you confident enough to solve the problem?
A. Are you confident enough in solving the problem?
In all the above examples we have used nouns for infinitive and gerunds. The verb sentences are given in the examples. Sometimes the rule is "using a gerund along with an appropriate preposition to replace an infinitive verb. Gerunds are also expressed after certain first verbs.
In the next post we would learn this topic with some examples.
Tags: verbs with gerunds, gerund example, example of a gerund, all noun, gerund examples, examples of a gerund, infinitive form, gerund exercise, verbs and gerunds, verbs gerunds
To go the previous post from here, please click the link below.