As a medical transcription learner, you must know about the difference between a cardiac arrest and a heart attack. The three important things between a cardiac arrest and a heart attack.
1. Heart attack means blood flow to the heart from other organs or parts of the body is hindered by any blockage in the blood arteries, and heart attack happens.
2. In heart attack, the heart beats will not stop necessarily immediately.
3. Heart attack is just a problem of circulation of blood.
1. Cardiac arrest means a sudden stoppage of heart beats due to malfunction in the heart and so blood supply is affected to the vital organs such as brain, lungs, and kidneys etc.
2. In cardiac arrest, the heart beat stops immediately.
3. Cardiac arrest is a problem of the electrical conduction inside the heart.
In the next post, we will study about what is ECMO and its uses. Okay.