This article gives meanings of some important, often using medical terminologies used in anatomy and physiology of human body. We will see those one by one now.
1. Tremor - Shivering or shaking of any part of the body.
2. Stature - Height or growth.
3. Motility - Movement.
4. Exophthalmus - Protrusion of eyeball.
5. Goitre - Enlargement of thyroid gland.
6. Edema - Collection of fluid.
7. Tachycardia - Increased heart rate.
8. Bradycardia - Decreased heart rate.
9. Insomnia - Reduced sleep.
10. Hoarseness - Husky voice.
11. Menorrhagia - Increased menstrual flow.
12. Amenorrhea - Decreased menstrual flow.
13. Hypothyroidism - Decreased secretion of thyroid hormones.
14. Hyperthyroidism - Increased secretion of thyroid hormones.
15. Adenoma - Tumor.
16. Tumor - Swelling.
17. Cretinism - Hypothyroidism in children.
18. Myxedema - Severe hypothyroidism in adults.
In the next post, we will see more medical terms and meanings.