1. Magnetic resonance imaging- A magnetic ground radio signals are used to outline sagittal, coronal, and axial pictures of the body.
2. Megavoltage- High-energy radiation engendered by means of an equipment and employed in restorative x-ray analysis intended for cancer.
3. Nuclear medicine- This is a medical speciality, which examines and employs of radioactive materials called radionuclides within identification and treatment of ailment.
4. Orthovoltage- Emission of low-energy radioactive waves that are employed in pain-killing radiation therapy and exterior skin cancer diseases.
5. Palliative- Means just soothing or painkilling, not curing completely that is not possible.
6. PET scan or positron emission tomography- Radioactive materials are administered using intravenous route and these substances give out positrons. They generate a cross-sectional picture of the metabolism of the body. These images symbolize local concentration of the radioactive material administered.
7. Radiation Oncology- This is a speciality of medicine that studies and provides treatment of tumors utilizing radiation of high-energy (radiotherapy).
8. Rad- Radiation absorbed dose, a measurement of radiation dose administered.
9. Radioimmunoassay- This is an examination that blends the utilization of antibodies, as well as radioactive substances to become aware of microscopic amount of materials in the blood.
10. Radioisotope- A radioactive mode of a material called radionuclide.
Next lesson is the continuation of this lesson i.e. important medical terms related to radiology and nuclear medicine. Okay.
To go to the next lesson from here please click the link below.