ORGANS: Several kinds of tissues combine together to form an ORGAN. For instance, stomach is an organ that is composed of nerve tissue, muscle tissue, and glandular epithelial tissue. VISCERA (singular: viscus) are internal organs. Abdominal viscera are the liver, stomach, large and small intestines, pancreas, spleen, and gallbladder.
SYSTEMS: Groups of organs combine together to form a SYSTEM. Each system performs complex functions. For instance, respiratory system consists of NOSE, PHARYNX, LARYNX (VOICE BOX), TRACHEA (WINDPIPE), BRONCHIAL TUBES, AND LUNGS.
Now we can see each system and its organs:
1. DIGESTIVE SYSTEM: This system contains mouth, pharynx (throat), esophagus, stomach, intestines (small and large intestines), liver, gallbladder, and pancreas.
2. URINARY AND EXCRETORY SYSTEM: This systems consists of kidneys, ureters (from these tubes urine comes out of the kidneys to urinary bladder), urinary bladder, urethra (from this opening urine comes out of the body from urinary bladder).
3. RESPIRATORY SYSTEM: This system consists of nose, pharynx, larynx (voice box), trachea (windpipe), bronchial tubes, and lungs.
4. REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM: This system consists of:
FEMALE: Ovaries, uterine or fallopian tubes, uterus or womb, vagina, mammary glands.
MALE: Testes and its associated tube, urethra, penis, and prostate gland.
5. ENDOCRINE SYSTEM: This system consists of thyroid gland in the neck, pituitary gland at the base of the brain, sex glands of ovaries and testes, adrenal glands above the kidneys, pancreas or islets of Langerhans, parathyroid glands, and thymus gland.
6. NERVOUS SYSTEM: This system consists of brain, spinal cord, nerves, and collections of nerves.
7. CIRCULATORY SYSTEM: This system consists of heart, blood vessels (arteries, veins, and capillaries), lymphatic vessels and lymph nodes, spleen, and thymus gland.
8. MUSCULAR SYSTEM: This system consists of muscles.
9. SKELETAL SYSTEM: This system consists of bones and joints.
10. INTEGUMENTARY (SKIN AND SENSORY) SYSTEM: This system consists of skin, hair, nails, sweat glands and sebaceous (oil) glands, eyes, ears, nose, and tongue.
Ok learners…in the next lesson we will deal with BODY CAVITIES…come on…
To go to the next lesson from here please click the link below
Next Lesson 11
Next Lesson 11