In this post, we will see about important suffixes and prefixes that are used in medical transcription. Even there are thousands of prefixes and suffixes, all medical transcriptionists should memorize these words. They are used often in all live files by physicians everyday. Please understand meaning of each word. Now we will about one by one now.
1. -tomy means cutting or incision
2. -graphy means process of writing or process of recording
3. oligo- means scanty or deficient
4. super- means above or excessive
5. inter- means between
6. -uria means pertaining to write
7. -pathy means disease
8. post- means after
9. -plasia means development or formation
10. -algia means denoting a painful condition
11. -osis means a condition, usually an abnormal condition
12. -rrhea means pertaining to flow or discharge
13. meno- means pertaining to menses
14. crypto- means hidden or concealed
15. myco- means fungal
16. mono- means one or single
17. poly- means more than one
18. hema- means pertaining to blood
19. intra- means within
20. hyper- means above or excessive
In the next post, we will see more important prefixes and suffixes. Okay.
To go to the prior post, please click the link below.
Tags: medical prefixes and suffixes dictionary, medical term prefixes and suffixes, medical dictionary prefixes and suffixes, medical terms with prefixes and suffixes